Here are a few things to remember as you take your journey down the path of entrepreneurship.
- Business ownership is not for the faint of heart…it takes
- a dogged approach to winning business,
- good marketing skills,
- great people skills,
- a little bit of luck, and
- Your business plan will need to be developed and updated periodically.
- Your competition will constantly need to be evaluated. They will come up with new products and services that you will need to compete against. Consistently do your homework.
- Once you have developed a solid Unique Selling Advantage tell everyone why your business is different and why people should buy from you.
- Set achievable goals that will make you stretch a little.
- Keep advertising and marketing no matter what.
- Set high standards and make sure that your employees follow these high standards.
- Have fun at what you do…”if it isn’t fun, then why do it?”
“If a man cannot dream he will soon be asleep to all the important things this life has to offer. If a man cannot pray he will soon only listen to himself. And if he has no charity for others he will soon be the only important thing in his pathetic existence.” Brian Hazelgren
This is your time to dream and to achieve your dreams. You have all the tools around you to help you succeed. Take advantage of the materials that will help you learn how to best run your business. Don’t get discouraged when you make mistakes, because you will. Learn from them and keep picking yourself up again, and again and again.
There is so much to learn…so don’t get overwhelmed in the process. Take the time to learn from those who have been in the trenches, fighting the battles, learning along the way and achieving success.
Goal #1: Come up with a list of what you feel are the next steps for you in your business journey
Goal #2: Write down the things that are keeping you awake at night in regards to your business and what you still need help with